'Shutter Island' Shuts Out The Newbies at US B-O
FEB 22, 2010 - Shutter Island continues to top the box office with an estimated US$22.2 million ahead of new releases Cop Out and The Crazies.
Avatar remains in the Top Five, doing a decent estimated US$14 million in its 11th week!
Here is the Top 5 North American B-O studio estimates for Feb 19-21, 2010 weekend, in terms of rank, Movie name (studio), Weekend takings in USD, (Cumulative gross, USD) and week on chart, courtesy of Boxofficemojo.
1. Shutter Island (Paramount) $22.2 million ($75,076,000) 2
2. Cop Out (WB) $18.5 million ($18.5 million) 1
3. The Crazies (Over.) $16.5 million ($16.5 million) 1
4. Avatar (Fox) $14.0 million ($706.9 million) 11
5. Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief (Fox) $9.8 million ($71.2 million) 3