Alice's Party Continues at US B-O
MARCH 15, 2010 - Alice in Wonderland continues its 'tea party' over the weekend, collecting US$62 million more. In a mere 10 days, Alice became the top-grossing film for the Burton-Depp team beating the US$206.5-mil of 2005's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Political thriller Green Zone opened in second place grossing an estimated US$14.5-mil from 3,003 locations while Robert Pattinson's Remember Me takes fourth place with just an estimated US$8.3 million.
Here is the Top 5 North American B-O studio estimates for March 12-14, 2010 weekend, in terms of rank, Movie name (studio), Weekend takings in USD, (Cumulative gross, USD) and week on chart, courtesy of Boxofficemojo.
1. Alice in Wonderland (2010) (Buena Vista) $62.0 million ($208.6 million) 2
2. Green Zone (Universal) $14.5 million ($14.5 million) 1
3. She's Out of My League (Paramount) $9.6 million ($9.6 million) 1
4. Remember Me (Summit) $8.3 million ($8.3 million) 1
5. Shutter Island (Paramount) $8.1 million ($108 million) 4