'Couples Retreat' Tops US Weekend B-O
OCT 12, 2009 - Couples Retreat topped the American box-office last weekend with an estimated US$35.3 million. The comedy is the only newcomer in the Top 5 list.
Zombieland drops to No. 2 with an estimated US$15 million while Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is still feeding audiences at the No 3 spot collecting US$12 million. The animated film opens this Thursday in Malaysia.
A 3-D reissue of the Pixar's Toy Story and Toy Story 2 also drops a spot to No. 4.
Here is the rest of the Top 5 US B-O estimate grosses for Oct 9-11, 2009 weekend, in terms of rank, Movie name (studio), Weekend takings in USD, (Cumulative gross, USD) and week on chart, courtesy of Boxofficemojo.
1. Couples Retreat (Universal) $35.3 million ($35.3 million) 1
2. Zombieland (Sony/Columbia) $15.0 million ($47.8 million) 2
3. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Sony/Columbia) $12.0 million ($96.3mil) 4
4. Toy Story / Toy Story 2 (3D) (Buena Vista) $7.7 million ($22.7mil) 2
5. Paranormal Activity (Paramount) $7.1 million ($8.3mil) 3