'Little Fockers' Maintains Lead in US Weekend B-O
JAN 3, 2011 - With no new movie opening over the New Year weekend, the Top Five best grossers' estimates stay more or less the same as that of the Christmas weekend, with Little Fockers leading the pack.
Gulliver's Travels, however, stays put in its 8th position, collecting US$9.1 million for a cumulative of US$27.2 million, with Black Swan and The King's Speech in 9th and 10th spots respectively.
Here are the Top 5 North American B-O studio estimates for the New Year Dec 31-Jan 2, 2011
weekend, in terms of rank, Movie name (studio), Weekend takings in USD, (Cumulative gross, USD) and week on chart, courtesy of Boxofficemojo.
1. Little Fockers (Universal) $26.3 million ($103.2 million) 2
2. True Grit (Paramount) $24.5 million ($86.8 million) 2
3. Tron Legacy (Buena Vista) $18.3 million ($130.9 million) 3
4. Yogi Bear (Warner Bros.) $13.0 million ($66.1 million) 3
5. Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Fox) $10.5 million ($87.1 million) 4