'Date Night' Tops at US Weekend B-O
APRIL 12, 2010 - Tina Fey and Steve Carrell put Date Night at the top of the North American Weekend Box-office, grossing an estimated US$27.1 million at its opening.
Clash of the Titans fell sharply in its second weekend falling 56% to an estimated US$26.9 million, with How To Train Your Dragon closed at its heels with an estimated US25.4 million.
Here is the Top 5 North American B-O studio estimates for April 9 - 11, 2010 weekend, in terms of rank, Movie name (studio), Weekend takings in USD, (Cumulative gross, USD) and week on chart, courtesy of Boxofficemojo.
1. Date Night (Fox) $27.1 million ($27.1 million) 1
2. Clash of the Titans (Warner Bros.) $26.9 million ($110.5 million) 2
3. How to Train Your Dragon (DreamWorks) $25.4 million ($133.9 million) 3
4. Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too? (Lionsgate) $11.0 million ($48.5 mil) 2
5. The Last Song (Buena Vista) $10.0 million ($42.4 million) 2