The Vow Wows US Weekend B-O
The Vow wound up in first with an excellent estimated US$41.7 million, and Safe House wasn't far behind in second. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island also drastically outperformed expectations, and Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 3D reaffirmed the enduring popularity of the Star Wars franchise.
Overall box office is at US$188.7 million with 43 titles reporting, which is behind Valentine's Day Weekend 2010 (US$204.7 million) and about on par with Valentine's Day 2009 (US$188.9 million).
Here are the Top 5 North American B-O studio estimates for Feb 10-12, 2012 weekend, in terms of rank, (previous week ranking), Movie name (studio), Weekend takings in USD, (Cumulative gross, USD) and week on chart, courtesy of Boxofficemojo. (US$1=RM3)
1. (-) The Vow (S Gem) $41.7 million ($41.7 million) 1
2. (-) Safe House (Universal) $39.3 million ($39.3 million) 1
3. (-) Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (WB) $27.5 million ($27.5 million) 1
4. (-) Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 3D (Fox) $23.0 million ($23.0 million) 1
5. (1) Chronicle (Fox) $12.3 million ($40.1 million) 2